Do you need a calendar system with month, week, day, agenda views; upcoming events widget, color-coded categories, recurrence, and import/export of .ics feeds? This plug-in to your existing ClickNGo website allows you to do more with events than ever before.
The Event Calendar is a new way to list your events in your website and easily share them with the rest of the world.
Our new calendar system combines a clean visual design, solid architectural patterns and a powerful set of features to create the most advanced calendar system available.
Calendar Features For Users
This plugin has many features we hope will prove useful to users, including:
- Recurring events
- Filtering by event category or tag
- Easy sharing with Google Calendar, Apple iCal, MS Outlook and any other system that accepts iCalendar (.ics) feeds
- Embedded Google Maps
- Color-coded events based on category
- Month, week, day and agenda views
- Upcoming Events widget
- Direct links to filtered calendar views
Features for Website and Blog Owners
- Import other calendars automatically to display in your calendar
- Categorize and tag imported calendar feeds automatically
- Events from The Events Calendar plugin can also be easily imported
- Create a Calendar administration role to allow for a dedicated calendar application
Importing and exporting iCalendar (.ics) feeds is one of the strongest features of the Event Calendar system. Enter an event on one site and you can have it appear automatically in another website’s calendar. You can even send events from a specific category or tag (or combination of categories and tags).
Why is this cool? It allows event creators to create one event and have it displayed on a few or thousands of calendars with no extra work. And it also allows calendar owners to populate their calendar from other calendar feeds without having to go through the hassle of creating new events. For example, a soccer league can send its game schedule to a community sports calendar, which, in turn, can send only featured games (from all the sports leagues it aggregates) to a community calendar, which features sports as just one category.
The Event Calendar Plugin also has a few features that will prove useful for website and blog owners:
- Each event is SEO-optimized
- Each event links to the original calendar